Chickens & Coops
Keeping chickens in your backyard is a great way to add a vital source of food to accompany your garden. Some of the benefits of backyard chickens include:
- egg production – some breeds lay as many as 300 eggs per year!
- pest control – they eat insects
- weed control – they also eat lots of common weed species
- manure acts as fertilizer for your lawn and trees
- low cost of maintenance – free range chickens will feed themselves and you can feed them table scraps instead of composting